If you have a large family, the holidays can be an expensive time. There are a few ways you can make it a little less financially stressful, though. It just takes planning and an eye on your budget. Of course, if you need to send money instead of presents, we already have that covered. At Ria Money Transfer, you can send an international money transfer quickly and easily, even during the busy holiday season. For other options, check out this guide to finding and buying the gifts you will need for your big family.
The first major challenge that people face when shopping for a big family is ideas. Even if you have a fairly good sense of what each member of your family likes, holding a large number of present ideas in your head all at once can be hard. If you need a little extra time to think up great gift ideas, trying to juggle them in your head gets even harder, and it can lead to last-minute gift-grabbing, which is a good way to upset your budget. It’s also a way to wind up accidentally forgetting someone in the hustle and bustle. Here are a few ideas from Ria Money Transfer to help you get organized:
- List It: Use a notebook or phone app to jot down ideas about presents for different family members throughout the year. Update it if you find out someone has already received a gift, and consult it when the time comes to budget.
- Ask Around: There are always a few people whose tastes just stump the rest of the family. Sometimes, the best way to figure out what you can do for them is to ask other people what they are doing. Not only does it tell you what they might like, it also helps keep you from buying overlapping gifts.
- Take Notes: Chances are, if you have a big family, you have a lot of communication. Take note of family interests and hints dropped about what people might like as you talk to them online, and put together a short wish list of gift ideas on popular shopping sites to organize the ideas you get from online conversations.
Budgeting for Your Big Family
The other big challenge to buying gifts for a big family is the cost of gifts for everyone. To get the most out of your holiday budget, you will want to make sure you watch the sales online and in local stores. Keep an eye on Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. This is where being organized when your list contains a lot of gift ideas is especially helpful.
- Set a budget and stick to it for each family member.
- Monitor online sales and comparison shop to get the most out of each deal.
- Look at options like food for acquaintances and extended relatives.
- Remember that gift cards and cash are always an option.
If you are looking to send money abroad to help cover holiday costs or to give cash to special people in your life, plan ahead and use a trusted service like Ria Money Transfer.
Whether you are shipping gifts or looking to send money online this holiday season, you need to make sure you follow through with sensible budgeting to get your gifts where they need to be without breaking the bank. Don’t forget that the holiday season can be really busy for shipping services, too. Make sure you plan ahead to give extra arrival time to any package that you need delivered in time for the holiday. That way, you won’t wind up with a late arrival that keeps someone waiting while everyone else opens gifts.