Updated May 5, 2016.
Good news, Filipinos! SM and BDO Unibank recently teamed up to reward clients claiming their remittance at BDO Remit Counters inside SM Malls, with a P200 Shopping Discount Coupon every first Monday of the month, for all of 2016!
- The promo is open to all BDO Unibank cash pick- up clients who claim their remittances (every $200*) every 1st Monday of the month at BDO Remit Counters inside The SM Store, SM Business Services Counters and SM Global Pinoy Centers nationwide.
- The P200 Shopping discount coupon is valid from the first Monday of the month until Sunday of the same week it was issued. It can be applied to a minimum P2,000.00 single receipt purchase of regular–priced items at The SM Store.
How to take advantage of this promotion:
- Send money to the Philippines using Ria’s online money transfer tool. Send a minimum of $200 to be eligible for this promotion. The receiver will get a Php200 shopping discount coupon for every $200 cash pick up.
- Choose Cash Pickup as Payout Method.
- When choosing a pick-up location, choose Banco De Oro Universal Bank (BDO Unibank Inc.) from the list.
- Let your receiver know to pick up the cash from a BDO Remit Counter inside SM Malls (The SM Store, SM Business Services Center and Global Pinoy Center) in order to get the Php200 shopping discount coupon on the first Monday of the month.
For questions and more information on this promotion, please visit https://www.bdo.com.ph/promos/cash-pick-1st-monday-bonus
Tips: Make sure to take into account the timezone difference between the US and the Philippines. Monday in the US may already be Tuesday in the Philippines so make sure to send ahead! Paying by credit card or debit card is the fastest way to send money to the Philippines. Transfer can be completed in minutes, but give it at least 24 hours to be sure! Transferring money to the Philippines using your bank account could take up to 4 days due to longer processing times, so take that into consideration, too.
For your quick reference, the first Mondays in 2016 are: